Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship: Scholarships are usually meant for the deserving meritorious students or to those who are in dire need of it. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship caters to the need of those students who are not able to sustain the financial costs of pursuing higher studies. Under this scheme, financially deficient students who are interested and exemplary in their intentions are usually benefited and can fulfill their dream of pursuing a career in academics.
What is Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is different from other scholarships offered in the country as it provides stipends in four separate cases.
Category 1 – Hostelers will receive Rs 1200 per month while Day Scholars will be getting Rs 550 per month
Category 2 – Hostelers will get Rs 820 and Day Scholars Rs 530 per month
Category 3 – Hostelers will receive Rs 570 and Day Scholars Rs 300 per month
Category 4 – Hostelers will get Rs 380 per month while on the other hand; Day Scholars will be getting Rs 230 per month.
However, the candidates should follow a list of strict guidelines to avail of this Fellowship.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship is offered only to citizens of India.
- In order to apply for this scheme, candidates must have cleared senior secondary school exam (Class 12)
- Candidates must have secured 75% marks in the specific courses to apply for the scholarship
- Candidates who are coming from a family whose total income is lower than or equal to Rs 2 Lac’s per annum are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Candidates who have studied in proper undergraduate or postgraduate or regular PhD courses in Jamia Milia Islamia University can apply for this scholarship too.
- Female Candidates of Jamia Milia Islamia University have a 50% reservation in this scholarship.
How to apply for APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship?
Following steps should be kept in mind to apply for the scholarship:
- Download the application form from the official website of the organization www.aktu.ac.in
- Before filling the form, read the instructions carefully to avoid rejections.
- One must be aware of the eligibility criteria beforehand to avoid any last-minute hassle.
- Don’t forget to upload the necessary documents in the process of filling the form.
- After completion of filling up the form, go through the way once before clicking on the submit option.
The portal of application form is already open for download and for submission on the official website itself.
The last date for the presentation is 31-07-2019
Essential Documents required in the process of application
- School leaving certificate as an age proof
- Identity card issued by the University as an Identity Proof
- Parent’s income certificate issued by the responsible authority
- Death certificate of parents (in death cases)
- An SOP (Statement of Purpose) justifying for getting the scholarship (in not more than 300 words)
- The application should have an attached recommended letter from Director/Dean/Head of the Department of the institute
- Marks sheet of the last exam attended
- Selection of the candidate for the scholarship is subject to fulfilling the desired criteria, eligibility and depends on the desire of the candidate
- The organization has the supreme authority in the entire procedure of the selection
- The economic status of the family of the candidate is usually kept in mind and holds enough significance in the range.
- Scholarships meant for those candidates who are extremely good at academics and overall development scores (in the form of CGPA and SAT score).
Latest List of APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships
APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships usually comprise of three significant scholarships to encourage the creativity, merit, and innovations at a bigger stage.
Available APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam IGNITE Awards
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
- APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship (APJAK), Kerala
Dr. Kalam IGNITE Awards
The awards meant for those students who are currently in class 1 to class 12 and have an original technological idea or any innovative idea. The scholarship offered by several agencies like Honey bee Network, CBSE, SRISTI, and National Innovation Foundation to promote fresh minds. In these scholarships, students are required to send their original or innovative idea to the official site of NIF. The idea behind this initiative is to encourage a creative approach and involve fresh minds to serve the purpose of innovation.
Students who are below the age of 17 years can apply for these awards.
How to apply:
- Fill out the correct details at the official site of (NIF)
- Upload your details at the mentioned spaces
- After completion of filling the information, click on the submit option
- Lastly, the candidate can email the details at [email protected]
The last date for submission is before 31 August 2019
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship
The Fellowship offers and invites the creative engineering heads to apply for the scholarship. It is organized and funded by the Indian National Academy of Engineering to promote development and innovation in the field of engineering.
- Candidates must be the citizen of India and employed at any public funding institution.
- The minimum qualification for applying this scholarship is a Bachelor’s Degree or any equivalent degree
- The candidates must have a minimum of 5 years of services left in his or her institution or workplace.
- The candidate should not be an award of any other fellowship.
Selected candidates will receive Rs 25,000 per month.
The last date for application is 31st December 2019
The selection of the candidates is upon the discretion of the Research Committee comprising experts. Usually, ten students are selected twice a year.
The Department of Minority Welfare, Government of Kerala offers the Fellowship for the minority students who are studying diploma courses in Government based Polytechnic institutes.
- Students holding a minority status
- The family income of the candidate should be less than Rs 8 lacs per annum
The last date to apply is 22 September 2019
For more information, visit the official website: www.aktu.ac.in