www.desw.gov.in Scholarship 2019-2020: If you are trying to apply for the PM Modi DESW Scholarship for the year 2019 you are at the right place.
Here in this article, we have briefed out the following
- About DESW Scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria to apply for the Scholarship
- Courses available under DESW Scholarship
- Documents Required to apply
- DESW Scholarship Application form download
- Scholarship Rewards
- How to Apply for the Scholarship (Step by Step)
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Scholarship and Application Procedure
- How to Apply DESW Scholarship Online (Video Guide)
One day after being sworn in as Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi chaired his first cabinet meeting of the second term on May 30, 2019. The session commenced within 24 hours of the council of ministers sworn in by the President. The Modi led NDA Government advanced the meeting with promising moves towards the PM-KISAN Scheme which aims at benefiting around 15 crore farmers, pension schemes for up to 3 crore traders and retail shopkeepers.
The very first file signed by the PM Modi, however, was an order dedicated towards the welfare of those who sacrifice their lives to protect and defend the nation aiding families of the members of armed forces who lost their lives in terror and Naxal attacks.
PM Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) 2019-2020
PM Modi Tweet about DESW Scholarship
“Our Government’s first decision dedicated to those who protect India!
Major changes approved in PM’s Scholarship Scheme under the National Defence Fund including enhanced scholarships forwards of police personnel martyred in terror and Maoist attacks.”
– The Prime Minister tweeted on May 31, 2019.
About DESW Scholarship 2019-2020
In 1962, the National Defence Fund was ready to control the cash donations. Until now the fund was being used for the welfare of the members of the families of ex-army, paramilitary personnel, and Railways protection groups only. But now the program has been extended to improve the health of the police personnel and their families too. The scheme now aims at providing new scholarships to 5500, 2000 and 150 wards/widows of the armed forces, paramilitary troops, and RPF personnel respectively.
This extension to provide the benefits of the program to police personnel is a welcome change in light of the dreadful Pulwama Terror attack that took place on February 14 this year. A vehicle-borne suicide bomber, Adil Ahmad Dar ambushed a troop of CRPF jawans headed towards the Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir. The attack took place on the Jammu-Srinagar highway and resulted in the loss of lives of 40 Central Reserve Police Force and left 35 injured. Jaish-e-Mohammed claimed responsibility for the attack.
About Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB)
The Kendriya Sainik Board (KSB) Secretariat, a section of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Department of Defence, and India Government are at the helm of handling all affairs related to the scheme. The project was first initiated in the year 2006-2007 by the then Prime Minister of India, Shri Manmohan Singh. The program has helped educate and encourage numerous youngsters to chase their dreams and attain their goals.
The PM, on his official website, said that this is a decision taken in a spirit to express not only gratitude but also improve the welfare of the police personnel and their families.
All these changes are brought about because the PM’s objective is to safeguard the well being of those who protect the nation and is being implemented to motivate the widows and wards of the deceased/ex-service personnel of armed forces and paramilitary forces and RPF to take up technical education that will enable them to find work and also to encourage higher education to those who are intent on furthering their studies.
The scholarship amount which was previously set at Rs. 2000 per month for boys and Rs. 2250 per month for girls is now increased to Rs. 2500 and Rs. 3000 per month to boys and girls respectively. The new scholarship quota forwards of country police officials is 500/year. The Ministry of Home Affairs will be in charge of keeping this in check.
With the inclusion of the police force in the scheme, the children of martyrs like Tukaram Omble who were formerly not eligible for this scholarship will be now be covered under the plan. This essential reform will help families of all those who lost their lives while fighting terror/Naxals in state police forces.
Eligibility Criteria of DESW Scholarship 2019-2020
Here is a list of conditions that are to be satisfied to be eligible for the PMSS –
- The applicant must be a reliant ward/widow of Ex-Coast Guard, Ex-Servicemen (ESM), a police force or railway security force personnel.
- The applicant must have taken admission in the first year of professional courses mentioned in the list of eligible courses mentioned below. (Note: It is not applicable for lateral entry and integrated courses).
- The applicants must meet the minimum education qualification to apply for these courses, i.e., the applicants must have completed their class 12/ diploma/ graduation.
- The candidates should have to get minimum 60% marks or above in their least educational qualification.
- Wards of civilians will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships under this scheme.
- Only a maximum of 2 wards per family is eligible to apply for the scholarship. This must be ensured by the beneficiaries and concerned zonal railways/RSPF
Courses available for DESW Scholarship 2019-2020
Professional degree courses like BE, B.Tech, BDS, MBBS, B.Ed, BCA, MCA, B.Pharma, etc. are the courses that are available under this program. These courses are officially certified by the government regulatory authorities, such as Media Council of India (MCI), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), etc. the Master degree courses are not eligible under the PMSS for RPF.
The following documents are mandatorily required to be submitted by the candidates.
- Service certificate issued by the respective offices of the serving personnel for category-4
- A photocopy of PPO or Discharge certificate or categories book 1, 2 and 3
- The candidates are required to upload a duly attested scanned copy of the mark sheet/ grade card of the Minimum Education Certificate.
All eligible candidates need to apply online on the website www.desw.gov.in
The final list of qualified candidates will be compiled by the Security Directorate, Railway Board and then will be submitted to the PM of India.
Candidates must register through a valid mobile number on the National scholarships Portal. An OTP (one-time-password) will be generated and received by the candidate for further process. A maximum of 2 registrations can be made from one mobile number.
The candidates can renew the Prime Minister’s scholarship scheme on the National Scholarship Portal by providing the application ID generated during the time of registration.
DESW Scholarship Application Form Download PDF
Interested candidates can apply for the Scholarship by using the below application form.
- Any candidate who has scored 75% of marks in 12th class will get the scholarship amount of Rs. 1000/- per month for 10 months. (Total amount is Rs. 10000/-)
- Those who secured 85% marks in their 12th class will be rewarded with Rs. 25000/- in total.
- Students who opted for 4 or 5 years course will be eligible to get the monthly scholarship of Rs. 2000/- in their 4th & 5th Years. (Note: Candidate must score 50% or more in their semester exams, otherwise the scholarship will get canceled)
How to Apply for the Scholarship (Step by Step)
- After crosschecking the eligibility criteria and required documents, candidates can follow the below steps to apply the scheme.
- If you are a first time user Click Here for Registration Page
- Fill out all the required fields and click on Submit Button
- If you are an old user
- Enter your username and password at the login page
- Fill out the required fields and upload the required documents
- Submit the Application form
FAQ’s about the Scholarship and Application Procedure
Q. Through which mode I can apply for DESW Scholarship?
A. You can apply through Online or Offline depends on the mode of scholarship.
Q. What are the PG Courses covered under this scheme?
A. DESW Scholarship provides only MBA & MCA Courses.
How to Apply DESW Scholarship Online (Video Guide)
More schemes and programs like the PMSS are vital in ensuring the youth of our country are taking a step towards their future in the right direction.
Official site: www.desw.gov.in/scholarship