Digital Gujarat Scholarship 2019-2020: The Government of Gujarat and its concerned departments are offering scholarships to poor and needy students. The scholarships are being offered in various levels of education such as school, matric, post-matric, college and research. Candidates belonging to OBC, EBC, Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and other backward communities can apply for the below-mentioned scholarships.
Digital Gujarat Scholarship Program
The aim of this initiative is to give an opportunity to meritorious students who are unable to pursue their education due to financial restraints. As a result of this scholarship, eligible candidates can pursue higher education.
What is the Digital Gujarat Scholarship?
This ambitious initiative is a brainchild of the Government of Gujarat, which is running through various concerned departments. The main aim of this scholarship is to uplift the system of education that the backward sections of society have access to.
It gives deserving meritorious students a platform by providing what they need the most, a financial backing. With this assistance, many children from backward communities can pursue quality education and strengthen their careers and uplift their society. This scholarship has bought more accountability to the education system and serious reforms are being contemplated to overhaul the existing system.
Fresh Update: All the Students of Gujarat state (SC/ST/OBC/SEBC Categories) can apply for Post Matric & Pre Matric Scholarships for the academic year 2019-2020.
- All 11th and 12th Class students can apply Online for these Scholarships in between 29th July 2019 and 20th August 2019.
- All other courses Students can apply between 21st August 2019 & 15th October 2019.
Digital Gujarat Scholarship Online Application Form
List of Scholarships Available under Digital Gujarat:
There are many available scholarship programmes under Digital Gujarat. Interested students can go through the below-mentioned list and apply online.
1. Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC/EBC/Minority/SEBC students:
This Post matric Gujarat scholarship is provided by the Department of Social Justice with the aim of uplifting young minds from backward communities such as SC, ST, OBC, EBC, and SEBC.
In addition to being from one of the aforementioned communities, it is also required that the student is from an economically backward family.
To be eligible for this scholarship, the student must:
- Belong to SC/ST/OBC/Minority/SEBC Category
- Be studying in class 11 or above
- Belong to a family whose annual income is less than 1 Lakh or 2 Lakh P/A, depending on the category.
- Be a Domicile holder of Gujarat
The rewards of this scholarship include a 100% central government grant, in addition to hostel and book allowance.
All this can be availed at a scholarship price of up to Rs. 1000 depending on the category.
The last date of application for this scholarship is 15th October 2019.
2. Post-Matric Government of India Scholarship for OBC students
The department of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of Gujarat is offering this scholarship to OBC students. The OBCs are financially and socially disadvantaged communities. This scholarship hopes to uplift these communities by giving the students belonging to these communities an opportunity to get a quality education.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- Be from the OBC Category
- Be a student of class 10 up to Post-Graduation
- Have an annual income of less than 1 Lakh P/A
The benefits of this scholarship include allowances and can be availed for a scholarship price of Rs. 750.
The last date to apply this year is 15/11/2019.
3. Post Matric Scholarship for ST girl Candidates
This scholarship is offered by the Department of Social Justice and empowerment, which invites girls belonging to the ST category to apply. It is aimed at the upliftment of ST girls and helping them to become independent and give them a strong career backbone.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must be a female belonging to the ST category
- Must have a family income of less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh P/A
- Must be pursuing a regular course from a recognized board/university
- Should not be receiving any other scholarship
- Must be a domicile holder of Gujarat.
The rewards include financial assistance in various fields for the scholarship holder.
4. Post Matric Scholarship for SC Girl Students
Like all the other scholarships in this list, this one too is provided by the Department of Social Justice and empowerment, Government of Gujarat. It is aimed at SC Girl candidates from financially backward backgrounds. The aim of this scholarship is to uplift these girls and give them a firm footing for their careers by giving them financial assistance to pursue higher education. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The applicant must be a girl candidate from the SC Category
- Family income must be less than Rs. 2.5 Lakh Per annum.
The Rewards in this scholarship include financial assistance from the department.
The tentative last date to apply for this scholarship is 15/11/2019.
How to apply for Digital Gujarat Scholarship?
The procedure for applying for a scholarship varies from scholarship to scholarship. The common requirement, however, is that all students must apply before the last day of applications for that particular scheme. Interested students can follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for a scholarship of their choice:
- You must first go to the official website: www.digitalgujarat.gov.in
- Then you must register yourself in the aforementioned portal
- After registration, you will be sent a login id and password by mail or SMS. Use these credentials to log in to your account.
- Fill in all the required fields and upload your photograph to update it.
- Submit all the required documents. The required documents will depend on the scholarship and will vary from one to another
- Submit the duly filled application form
NOTE: Some scholarships only have the application form online. You must download it, duly fill it and submit the hard copy offline. These forms too are available on www.digitalgujarat.gov.in.
Last Dates For application:
All interested students must apply before the last date of application to avoid any confusion.
The last date of application differs from scholarship to scholarship.
Visit the portal and make a note to avoid confusion.
For technical and other support, you can contact Digital Gujarat Scholarship Helpline: 18002335500