ePass Karnataka Scholarship 2019-20: The State Govt. of Karnataka has released ePass scholarship notification for the academic year 2019-2020 which provides financial support to the students for their education in a degree or any other provisional courses.
This particular Scholarship is valid for those candidates who are pursuing education in Karnataka state and the candidates can be enrolled through Karnataka ePass online application.
Here are the few details which the candidate must know, like the application process, eligibility criteria and how to apply are discussed in below.
ePass Karnataka Scholarship Notification:
The Karnataka government follows the traditional method like every year by providing financial support to the students in their education in the name of ePass scholarship, which generally means an Electronic Payment and Application System of Scholarships by the department of backward class welfare which enhances by bringing the backward classes to take part in education.
The major concept is to betterment the literacy rate in Karnataka State. The scholarship is available for pre-metric (class 1-10) and post-matric (UG or PG) education; in other words, it can be said as it offers scholarships for students who are pursuing courses like Schooling, College, Under Graduation or Post Graduation. Students who belong to SC/ST and other backward classes can get benefit from this scholarship. As the pass is associated with various schools, colleges and university students who are undergoing education can avail its benefits.
ePass Karnataka Scholarship can be applied through an online application form which can be found on the official website of Karnataka Education Department “karepass.cgg,gov.in”.
Aspirants who are eligible for the scholarship can avail the notification which can be seen on the home page.
- The parent’s income of the candidate should not exceed more than 2,00,000 (Two Lakhs) per annum.
- The Student must be belonging to any of Schedule Caste or Schedule Tribe (SC/ST) minority.
- Candidate must possess 75% of attendance in the complete academic year.
- All the Candidates who are pursuing a metric course in Karnataka State are only eligible to apply for ePass Scholarship.
- They can also apply for the scholarship in their respective colleges before one week of the online application date.
- Students who applied for the scholarship in the previous academic year can renew for this academic year.
- The mode of transaction is Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) for that student’s Aadhar card must be linked to their respective bank account.
- The entire process is carried out online only.
- Candidate’s Aadhar card.
- Aadhar card of the parent or guardian.
- Caste certificate.
- Latest Income certificate.
- A bank Passbook main page which includes Candidate Name, Account number, Branch Name, and IFSC code.
- Custodian Certificate from their respective college.
- Residential Certificate (Address for correspondence).
- The candidate must visit the official website i.e. www.karepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Click on “Apply Online” which is available on the homepage.
- Fill the details as appropriate in the necessary columns.
- Upload the necessary documents and then click on the Submit button
- Ensure to make note of the application number, can take a printout of the ePass application form and submit in the respective college with or within 1 week.
How to check the ePass Application Status:
1. First Students visit the official site www.karepass.cgg.gov.in.
2. Next, click on the “Login” button and Enter the user ID and password. You will get application form which consists of 3 empty blanks.
3. Enter Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) hall ticket number, year of passing and date of birth.
4. Then, click on submit button. You will get the status of your application.
Note: As KarePass is associated with many of the schools and colleges in Karnataka State there will be more no. of applications submitted to avail this scholarship. After completion of the background verifications if the candidate is eligible for the scholarship, then the scholarship amount will be directly deposited by the Karnataka government to the respective student’s bank account.
Steps to Apply:
- All the students who have applied for Karnataka ePass scholarship, they need to visit the site like Karnataka Welfare Society’s official website karepass.cgg.gov.in.
- Then, you will get one pop up and application link. After that click on “apply online“
- Start Providing details like Name, Father’s name, Mother name, College Name and etc.
- After that, you have to upload all the required documents in the pdf format and click on the submit button.
- Then, your application will be sent to the ePass scholarship board.
- After completion of online filling application, candidates need to take a print of your epass registration copy for further use.
Check your Application Number: Click Here
Check your Application Status: Click Here
Know The Hostel Application Status: Click Here
Download Prathibha Acknowledgement: Click Here
|Board Name||State Govt. of Karnataka|
|Scheme Name||ePass Karnataka Scholarship Status|
|Scholarship Sanctioned by||Karnataka State Govt|
|Application Mode||Online mode only|
|Online apply Dates||Started From August month 2019|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Q 1: I am a citizen of Karnataka State but I’m pursuing my PG in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Can I apply for karepass?
Answer: No, it is available for only those students who are pursuing either pre-matric or post-matric courses in Karnataka State.
Q 2: At the initial stage of application I have misspelled my name, can I change it now?
Answer: Sure, you might have a chance of correcting your application, but ensure that you will do it before the last. Provide college custodians for necessary, if required.
Q 3: I have recently transferred from one college to the other college, so can I renew my scholarship or apply for a new one?
Answer: Yes, you can renew your scholarship as the situation seems to appear like for the first year you have studied in one college and for the next year you have been shifted to the new one. While renewing provides the appropriate custodians and as well as the latest Income Certificate and marks memorandums of the previous academic year.
Q 4: I don’t have a bank account for scholarship purposes. Shall I add my father’s bank account?
Answer: It’s better to provide student bank account details only if the student doesn’t have any bank accounts, they must need to apply for a new bank account.