INSPIRE Scholarship 2019-20: The Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has started a scholarship program, namely, INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE). A flagship
Under this INSPIRE Scholarship
INSPIRE Scholarship: DST Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who are willing to apply for SHE should have passed 12th class and continuing courses in Natural Sciences in B.Sc. Or Integrated M.Sc. level.
Please find below the complete information on the eligibility criteria for this scholarship programme.
- The age of the candidate should be a minimum of 17 years and a maximum of 22 years.
- In the 12th board exam, the student should be the top 1% of the students who are successful in terms of aggregate marks in his / her class.
- On passing the 12th class, the student should be enrolled in courses of Natural and Basic Sciences at BSc., BS and Integrated MSc/MS in the same year.
- The candidates should have opted for Natural / Basic Sciences study, cleared the CBSE-Medical (AIPTN) exam and be among the top 20000 rankers in AIEEE, 10000 rankers in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) of IIT are eligible to apply.
- The candidates who have got KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), Olympiad Medallists and Jagadish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS) scholar and those who are pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree are also eligible.
- These candidates are also eligible for those who are all pursuing courses in Natural/Basic Sciences leading to B.Sc. and M.Sc. And who are admitted to the Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Basic Sciences (DAE-CBS) at the University of Mumbai, National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER).
The subjects covered under the scope of Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) are given below:
- Oceanic Sciences
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Marine Biology
Step 1: For successful registration, the candidate should register as a new user on the online portal of INSPIRE scholarship by entering all the details in his/her name, date of birth, gender, eligibility criteria email, password, and verification code. The student who is willing to apply for an INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) is allowed to apply online through the online portal of the INSPIRE. The detailed step by step process to apply for the scholarship programme is given below:
Step 2: After entering the details, the applicant will get his / her user ID and password on their registered email ID, then to activate his/her account, click on the activation link.
Step 3: Before filling the application form, the candidate should scan all the required documents as separate files by the candidate.
Step 4: Then, the student should log in into the INSPIRE scholarship portal by entering his/her username and password.
Step 5: After login, the candidate has to fill all the details like personal particulars, contact details, enrolment information at B.Sc. and Integrated M.Sc. level, national level competitive exam details, senior secondary performance information, and other details in the scholarship application form, then the candidate has to upload all the required documents in online scholarship application portal.
Step 6: After that, the student has to review the entered details before submitting the form by pressing on the ‘Print Preview’ button. The candidate should make sure to verify that the entered details and documents uploaded are correct or not and click on ‘Submit’ to submit the application.
Step 7: The applicant should take the print out of the submitted application after the final submission of the online scholarship application form, for his/her record.
The candidates who study Science and Technology and follow research as their career will be selected under this Scheme, SHE, and such candidates will receive the scholarship amount of INR 80,000/- per annum and many more benefits.
Awards and Benefits:
As mentioned above, the selected candidates will receive an amount of INR 80,000/- and an annual Scholarship of INR 60000 @ INR 5000 per month and for the summer research project, which is mandatory, an amount of INR 20000/- will be given every year.
Note: The Summer Research Project is mandatory for all the selected candidates who have to take the guidance of an Active Researcher in a recognized Research Centre of India.
The Scholarship announcement will start from the mid-month of October and the deadline will be at the end of December every year. For the Period 2019, the INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education will be announced soon. To know more about the tentative dates, please go through the below details and please note that the below-mentioned dates are tentative and subject to change is at the discretion of DST:
- Online application starts from the mid of October
- Online application ends at the end of December
- The selected candidate’s list will be announced in the month of Apr/ May.
Along with the application, the candidates have to submit some important documents while applying for the Scholarship for Higher Education, without these documents, it may lead to their rejection. The details of all important documents that are to be uploaded while filling the candidate’s scholarship application are given below:
1. Applicant’s photograph
2. Community/ Caste certificate
3. Eligibility note or advisory note
4. Class 12th mark sheet
5. Class 10th mark sheet
6. Proof of Date of Birth
7. Certificate specifying rank/award in JEE (Main)/ JEE (Advanced)/ NEET/ KVPY /JBNSTS/ NTSE / International Olympic Medallists
8. Endorsement Form signed by the Principal of the College/Director of the Institute/Registrar of the University
9. The first page of the applicant’s SBI bank passbook.
In case, Students have any query regarding the INSPIRE programmes, you can use below given mail ID and send your queries:
- Email ID: [email protected]