NMMS Scholarship 2019-20: A lot of worthy students drop out of schools or colleges due to an unstable economic condition. They are more or less compelled by the circumstances to leave their studies midway. Thus, scholarships are necessary, so that these bright students get a chance to showcase their aptitude. NMMS is one such scholarship that helps the students coming from a financially weak family.
NMMS Scholarship 2019-20:
National Merit cum Means Scholarship, which is also widely known as NMMS Scholarship provides financial bear to every worthy student belonging from a financially backward part of the culture. A meritorious student from class 8th-12th can take part in the NMMS Scholarship 2019. This initiative has been made by the Indian Government to help all the students to continue with their learning after the 8th standard.
National Merit Cum Means Scholarship Award 2019-20
The candidates who will be chosen under the merit cum means Scholarship 2019 will be awarded a sum of 12,000 INR per annum, which is 1000 INR per month. An estimate of 1 lakh students can get the scholarship from all over the nation. The scholarship amount till the final year (2018) was 6000 INR, which is 500 INR per month, which has been doubled from the year. The scholarship sum is credited to the bank accounts of the student by the State Bank of India.
- The students from 8th standard to 12th standard can apply for NMMS Scholarship 2019.
- It is compulsory for all the participating student to have completed their schooling from State Government Schools, Government Aided Schools or Local Body Schools.
- It is to be noted that candidates who have completed their schooling from KVS, NVS, any private school or Sainik Schools, are not qualified to participate in NMMS Scholarship 2019.
- The Parents Annual Income of the participating student must be less than 1,50,000 Rupees
- It is compulsory for applying students to secure a minimum of 55% marks in the last examination they have passed. There is a relaxation of 5% for students who are SC/ST.
- The students are selected based on the examination organized by every State Government according to their schedule.
- It is to be noted that all the State or Union Territory has the liberty to conduct their exam to choose the meritorious candidates for the National Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2019.
- As the application is to be written in English, the aspiring student is required to have very good command in English.
Exams Conducted – Merit Cum Means Scholarship:
- NMMS Mental Ability Test 2019
A set of 90 or 100 multiple-choice questions constitutes the Mental Ability Test. This test is mainly conducted to examine the reasoning ability and acute thinking ability of each student. Each of the questions is up to 90 marks, and the students get a time limit of 90 minutes to answer their paper.
- NMMS Scholarship Ability Test 2019
A set of 100 multiple choice questions constitutes the Scholarship Ability Test. This test is conducted basically to examine the knowledge of the student in mathematics, social studies, and science. The syllabus is on class 7th or class 8th course prospectus.
The students willing to get National Merit Cum Means Scholarship of 2019 must achieve to get a minimum of 40% marks for each Examination, which is the Mental Ability Test and Scholarship Ability Test. For kept categories such as the SC/ST, IT has been reduced to a minimum of 32%.
How To Apply:
- First Step: Visit the authorized website of NMMS 2019.
- Second Step: Login or register using an email account.
- Third Step: Click the ‘START APPLICATION’ toward beginning with the form and fill up the procedure.
- Fourth Step: Provide the complete details required and then upload the necessary documents.
- Fifth Step: Click the ‘Submit.’
Detailed Guidelines For Registration:
- The State Of Domicile – This term means the permanent state in which the student resides. The students are required to put their Domicile State correctly as the application ID, which will be allotted to them is based on the Domicile State, and it cannot be altered once assigned.
- Scholarship Category – The scholarship program is categorized into four categories. The aspiring students are required to choose the relevant category, according to the class or course they are studying in.
- Name Of The Candidate – It is necessary to provide the name that is printed on an educational certificate of the student applying for National Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2019
- Date Of Birth (DOB) – The student has to provide the date of birth (DOB) as printed on their educational certificate.
- Mobile Number – It is necessary for all the aspiring students to put the correct mobile number. All the communication and verification which are related to portal activities will be sent to the provided mobile number.
- Email ID – The students must provide correct Email Id. All the information and the verification will be sent to the provided email Id.
- Identification Details – Students are required to select and deliver information very carefully in his field.
- ID Proof
- Family Income Certificate
- Marksheet of last qualifying exams
Candidates who are studying in the 9th or 10th standard are required to apply in the pre-matric Scholarship category. The students who are studying in the 11th or 12th standard are required to use in the post-matric Scholarship category.
The submission of the NMMS Scholarship application form can be made online. The student can log in to the National Scholarship Portal. The application procedure can be completed using a mobile. The students can present two separate pre-matric scholarship application form by using one mobile number.
A satisfactory result in the last examination can only enable the student to enjoy the facility of scholarship yet to come to classes.
Last Date Of Submission:
The final date of submission of the submission form of NMMS Scholarship 2019 is 31st October 2019.